INTERNATIONAL FOOD CHAINS | WORLDS FAMOUS FOOD CHAINS IN ISRAEL | WHAT TO EAT | WHERE TO EAT | WHAT IS KOSHER FOOD |FOOD PRICES IN ISRAEL IN ILS USD AND EUR | BURGER SHOPS AND LOCATIONS| MCDONALD’S IN ISRAEL | BURGER KING | KFC | PIZZA HUT | DOMINO’S PIZZA ISRAEL | FAST FOOD WEBSITES IN ISRAEL | PLACE ORDERS ONLINE
INTERNATIONAL FOOD CHAINS
WHERE TO EAT * FOOD PRICES IN ISRAEL
As a tourist you will be glad to learn that there are familiar international food chains in Israel. So if you are not in the mood for experimentations with local cuisine then pick your favorite familiar food brand, although you might still find food there somewhat specific mainly because of Israel’s kosher cuisine.
Kosher and kashrut
Most international food chains in Israel offer original menu items as well as their kosher substitutes kosher food is frequently required by local customers. Kosher food is prepared with accordance to religious believes. Foods that meet the Kosher dietary laws are labeled with one of the Kosher symbols, including: K, Circle U and Circle K.
The English word “kosher” is derived from the Hebrew root “kashér,” which means to be pure, proper, or suitable for consumption. The laws that provide the foundation for a kosher dietary pattern are collectively referred to as kashrut and are found within the Torah, the Jewish book of sacred texts.
International food chains in Israel can have kosher and non-kosher branches. Kosher restaurants and caffes must be closed on Saturdays (or during Shabbat) and on Jewish holidays. Another requirement is that dairy and meat must be kept seperatly and some restaurants serve exclusively either meat (fleishig) or dairy (milchig) foods.
- Burger King—operating 8 locations as of 2022. It has two branches serving kosher food one in Tel Aviv’s Dizengoff Center and the second at the Azrieli Center food court.
- Domino’s Pizza— Despite being located in Israel, a primarily Jewish country, almost none of the chains locations are kosher which means, Domino’s is able to remain open 7 days a week.
- KFC—operating 10 locations as of 2022 and McDonald’s with over 180 locations also have their kosher and non-kosher Israeli branches.
- Papa John’s Pizza—operating 10 locations as of 2021 out of about 5,000 locations worldwide. Papa John’s Pizza Israel has one kosher location launched in 2021 and it’s at the Petach Tikva location.
- Pizza Hut—operating 90 locations as of 2020. It is reported Pizza Hut Israel only carries kosher products.
- The Cheesecake Factory operates in a few mall kiosks as of 2020 and reports to be using kosher ingredients.
International Food Chains in Israel
|Food Chain||Logo||Israeli Website||Food Average Price||Restaurant Locations|
|McDonald’sIsrael||http://www.mcdonalds.co.il/||55 ILS 17 USD 15 EUR|
|Burger King Israel||https://www.burgerking.co.il||
50 ILS |
|Domino’s Pizza Israel||http://www.dominos.co.il||
45 ILS |
35 ILS |
|Papa John’s Pizza Israel||https://papajohns.co.il/||
50 ILS |
|Pizza Hut Israel||https://pizzahut.co.il/||
30 ILS |
|CheesCake Factory Israel||–||32-80 ILS |
You can place orders or make reservations online for most locations above. Just click on links and navigate through websites. Use simtoisrael tourist cards not to run out of traffic as you explore.
Tell us in comments which foods tasted the usual way in Israel as outside of it? Which ones did you find had specific zing to them? And did you like it?